Ost Engineering, Inc is seeking an experienced structural engineering consultant.
Responsibilities of the Senior Structural Engineer include:
• Coordinate with Designers, and CAD Operators to direct the development of documentation
• Use computer software or hand work to analyze and design wood, steel, masonry, and concrete structures
• Review shop drawings, an create sections and details according to project requirements
• Work on site including client assistance, reviewing of existing structures and observation of construction
• Manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks within strict deadlines
• Assist the Office Manager with client interactions and sales visits, and accurately communicate information to client regarding the project
Desired Skills and Experience
* 8 years experience
* BS in civil/structural engineering required. MS preferred.
* PE license required/ SE Preferred
* Knowledge of current building codes
* AUTOCAD proficient
* Software skills including Sizer, RetainPro, Risa 2D, Forte, TJ-Beam, Excel Calculations.
* Strong written and oral communication skills, and comfortable interacting with clients
* Ability to interpret and analyze instructions of data in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Familiarity with current building codes. (CBC, CRC, NDS, ASCE, ACI, etc.)